Board of Trustees election: 2016
This year, for the third time in our history, all KMS members will have the opportunity to vote on the election of the physicians who will lead our organization. Previously, only those physicians who attended the House of Delegates meeting as a delegate had the opportunity to vote.
We continue to be excited about this change and look forward to enhanced member engagement in this most-important process. Directions for KMS members who wish to vote online are available below.
2016 Members Meeting; General Stanley McChrystal
The 2016 KMS Annual Members Meeting—which has been traditionally held in May—will be held September 9-10 at the Sheraton Hotel in Overland Park.
The afternoon of September 9 will provide a groundbreaking opportunity for the physician & hospital community to showcase their organization's collaborative relationship. For many years, KMS and the Kansas Hospital Association have discussed the desire to hold their annual meetings in collaboration with each other; 2016 finally presented that occasion. Our invited keynote speaker is General Stanley McChrystal.
- A four-star general, McChrystal is the former Commander of U.S. and International Forces in Afghanistan and the former leader of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), which oversees the military's most sensitive forces.
- General McChrystal, who also is a best-selling author, will discuss his experiences leading troops in Iraq and what he thinks about leadership today.
On Saturday, September 10 KMS member physicians will convene for its Annual Members Meeting.
- This will be the second year of the newly-designed meeting format; the agenda features a limited number of speeches and focuses most of its time on an open, facilitated discussion Forum in which any KMS member may share feedback or ideas with the Board of Trustees.
- The Forum will be followed by a luncheon and a keynote address by former American Medical Association President Donald Palmisano, MD focused on physician leadership in today's challenging health care environment.
- There is no fee to attend the meetings however, advance registration will be required.
- All physicians, physicians in training and hospital staff are welcome to attend General McChrystal's keynote address; only KMS members may attend the Members Meeting.
TWO WAYS TO REGISTER:
Call KMS at 800.332.0156 or 785.235.2383
Register online at www.kmsonline.org/events.